GLOBEX Summer Exchange
The Faculty of Engineering, CUHK is collaborating with the College of Engineering, Peking University to host the Globex Summer Exchange program for engineering students (29 June – 29 July 2018). Students can study a number of intensive courses at Peking University and learn from leading professors from all over the world and receive financial support including:
This programme is heavily subsidized under Wen Ran Scheme and the Pilot Mainland Experiential Scheme.
- Full GLOBEX tuition fee waiver
- Fully paid 1-month accommodation (during 28 June - 29 July 2018)
- A RMB 2,000 allowance (for meals and registration fee)
- Fully paid 3-day Beijing tour
- Partial support for airfares (50% of airfares or HK$3,000 (whichever is less) will be provided on reimbursement basis by the HKSAR Government funding.)
12 Courses Available for Students
Students could take a maximum of two courses.
- Smart Materials & Adaptive Systems
- The Tissue Engineer’s Toolkit:Design and Evaluation of Regenerative Therapies
- Compliant Robotics: Humanoids to Soft Robots
- Inter-Cultural Design for a Responsible Business Model
- Financial Decisions in Engineering Project Management
- Digital China: Technology, Media and Culture
- Artifical Organ Engineering
- Drug and Gene Delivery in Biomedicine
- The Materials Genome Assessment
- Robotics: Programming & Practice
- The Big History of Our Planet: A Scientific Journey over 14 Billion Years of Evolution
- China Economy: Growth and Global Connections
To be qualify for the Wen Ran Scheme, applicants must be full-time undergraduate students of Faculty of Engineering and be Hong Kong permanent residents. Students who are interested please complete the application form and return it to Miss Stella Ng, Faculty Office of Engineering at email@example.com by 19 March 2018. The form could be downloaded from here.
For general enquiries, please call 3943 1257 or write to firstname.lastname@example.org.