GLOBEX Summer Exchange
The Faculty of Engineering, CUHK is collaborating with the College of Engineering, Peking University to host the Globex Summer Exchange program for engineering students (29 June – 30 July 2017). Students can study a number of intensive courses at Peking University and learn from leading professors from all over the world and receive financial support including:
This programme is heavily subsidized under Wen Ran Scheme and the Pilot Mainland Experiential Scheme.
- Full GLOBEX tuition fee waiver
- Fully paid 1-month accommodation (during 28 June - 3 August 2017)
- A RMB 2,500 allowance (for meals and registration fee)
- Fully paid 3-day Beijing tour
- Partial support for airfares (the support amount is to be advised)
16 Courses Available for Students
Students could take a maximum of two courses.
- Smart Materials & Adaptive Systems
- Neural Prosthetic Engineering
- Compliant Robotics: Humanoids to Soft Robots
- Inter-Cultural Design for an Eco-Responsible Business Model
- Chemical and Biological Sensors
- China: Past, Present & Future
- Financial Decisions in Engineering Project Management
- Storyboarding for Entrepreneurs: Lights, Camera, Action!
- Finite Element Modelling for Structural Integrity & Biological Applications
- Design, Materials & Manufacturing: An Integrated Tripartite Approach
- Modelling of Dispersed Multicomponent, Multiphase Flows in Resource Industries
- The Materials Genome Assessment
- Combustion Science & Engineering
- Masterpieces of Traditional & Contemporary Chinese Art
- China Economy
- The Big History of Our Planet: A Scientific Journey over 14 Billion Years of History
To be qualify for the Wen Ran Scheme, applicants must be full-time undergraduate students of Faculty of Engineering and be Hong Kong permanent residents. Students who are interested please complete the application form and return it to Ms. Florence Au, Faculty Office of Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org by 3 March 2017. The form could be downloaded from here
For general enquiries, please call 3943 1257 or write to email@example.com.