Undergraduate Summer Research Internship
The Faculty Undergraduate Summer Research Internship programme is launched to offer CUHK engineering undergraduate students with funding support to undertake a research project under the supervision of professors in summer. The objectives are to give students exposure to research environment, and grooms them for graduate studies and overseas summer research schemes.
A research grant of HK$10,000 will be awarded to each student for him/her to work on an approved project/problem for 3 summer months between June-August, upon completion of the research project with earnest effort well recognized by the supervising professor.
To apply for an internship, please download the Application Form, and take the following steps:
1. approach a professor from the project title list to identify the research you propose to work on;
2. write a 1-page research proposal in the Application Form about the problem you will study, and what you hope to accomplish;
3. get the professor you consulted to agree to supervise you and sign the form;
4. upload the Application Form with endorsed research proposal (PDF format);
5. input the required fields and submit your application online.
The application deadline is in 16 April 2021.