Undergraduate Summer Research Internship
The Faculty Undergraduate Summer Research Internship programme is launched to offer CUHK engineering undergraduate students with funding support to undertake a research project under the supervision of professors in summer. The objectives are to give students exposure to research environment, and grooms them for graduate studies and overseas summer research schemes.
A research grant of HK$10,000 will be awarded to each student for him/her to work on an approved project/problem for 3 summer months between June-August, upon completion of the research project with earnest effort well recognized by the supervising professor.
To apply for an internship, please download the Application Form (Word format), and take the following steps:
1. approach a professor from the project title list to identify the research you propose to work on;
2. write a 1-page research proposal in the Application Form about the problem you will study, and what you hope to accomplish;
3. get the professor you consulted to agree to supervise you and sign the form;
4. upload the Application Form with endorsed research proposal (PDF format);
5. input the required fields and submit your application online.
The application deadline is 24 April 2020.